Monday, June 2, 2008

Karanzol...i was there back again!


“Where is exactly the camp site at Karanzol?” I ask one of the VEAB members while I find a place to stand in a bus already flooded with people and us with our bags. Karanzol is not new to me. I have been here before once, when I had gone to Pishtyachi Kond. Karanzol is located in Sattari at the foothills of Sahyadri Mountain ranges and on the fringes of Mhadei wildlife sanctuary.
I was here for a 3 day pre-monsoon nature orientation camp organized by Vivekananda Environmental Awareness Brigade, a NGO working for past 6 years in the field of environmental conservation. This group is leaded by Mr. Rajendra Kerkar, a leading environmental activist from Goa. The following posts will be describing my experiences of these three days.

No comments: