Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Payatalee….again!







Already late, I started to pedal at 7:15 a.m. towards Payatalee with camera and a botlle full of water. I caught up the highway track and entered the flat rode mode. But however, today I felt exhausted as compared to previous cycle rides on this tracks. I stopped for a while, drank some water and marched forward again. But still the feeling of exhaustion was not completely vanished from the body. I got down from the cycle and started to climb the road by walking. After reaching on slope I sat back and pedaled off.



As I stood by this climb 2-3 villagers passed some curious looks at me and my bike. I made my mind to climb up by cycle first. but than I realized it was not possible this climb and that too with help of already exhausted body. But Ohh! It was not even possible to climb it by walking…but I started walking against my body will. Finding some flat land, I parked my bike and laid on the ground for a while to give myself some rest so that I could climb some more.


And than, I reached the heaven…..The Lake stood as silent as it was before, guarding the surrounding environment. But camera gave me jerk as it was showing the display message “CHANGE THE BATTERIES”. Still I could get some of this pics, but I missed two near shots of Golden Oriole and Malabar Whistling Thrush. I resisted going inside the forest near the small spring as the camera was out of power.

I started off my back journey from Khandepar to Ponda with a sigh of freshness.

No comments: