Sunday, October 7, 2007

My first long run cycling…..


Already excited about the plan, I woke up at 4:30 in the morning to get ready. Actually we were supposed to meet at Amigos Hotel at 6:30, but I, being over enthusiastic, woke up at 4:30. the day didn’t breed good as I found my cycle tyre was vacuum filled.
But hoping to see some garages open, I left my house at 6:00 to Hotel Amigos. Bad thing was that I had to walk till the hotel by taking the cycle in my hand. Hopefully, Ajay sir had brought his air pump, once again I refueled my tyres for the long cycling journey to Bondla.(about 22 kms from Ponda).

We were led by Ajay sir and me, Saish, Amey & Utkarsh were following him. It was a wonderful experience when we crossed all the slopes with breathtaking speeds. But it was sometimes tiring too specially near the E-Merck factory. The villagers seemed little surprised to see us on cycles and thought it was some kind of madness to travel on cycles from all the way from Ponda to Bondla cycling.

We were just about to enter Bondla forest gate….Utkarsh’s cycle’s pedal isolated itself from the whole cycle body. We thought it would have been a minor problem and fixed it somehow till we reached Bondla.
We did some dangerous cycling on the rough surface in the forest and thought of returning. But the thing was the pedal continued to separate from the cycle.
We halted near a tea stall cum garage. The mechanic tried several tricks to fix it. But it refused.
We tried 3 different garages and handful of mechanics, but nobody could cure it to 100 percent….
And finally we reached in main city of Usgaon. We decided to take a rickshaw for rent which would drop us back to Ponda. Me, along with Amey and our cycles & Utkarsh along with his “the broken one” sat in carrier rickshaw, while Ajay sir decided to pedal back to Ponda & Saish was made to sit with the driver of the rickshaw.
Disappointedly, our first long run cycling was not successful…..but we enjoyed it.!!!!
















No comments: