Thursday, April 24, 2008

Half past midnight

It’s almost mid-night now and I find myself caught up in the middle of its darkness. I get up from the sofa and come out in my bedroom and stand near the table. It’s almost messed up, just like my mind. I pick up a book by Anil P and just flip the pages, trying hard to fix my eyes on one of the many pages. I give up after doing this act for some time and again pass a zero kind of look on the table. Three novels are lying there, waiting me to open up them and read. But I can’t dare to even touch those pages. Besides them, my assignments and exercises are in a waiting for completion. But I just ignore those meaningless paper sheets, just as I ignore my confused thoughts, because in such situations, both don’t make sense either.
Strolling over dried fields of my mind, I sit down to write up something. Thoughts come and go, but I am unable to put them up in order. Unknowingly, my writing slowly turns into scribbling some figures, abstract yet meaningless.
I am in a state of confused mind but not an empty one. Random flashes of seemingly unrelated thoughts strike the walls and disappear into the disturbed cosmos. The feeling grows intense and I am about to scream into silences. The lights go off, both in my room and my mind. I lie down on my bed where the sleep takes me under its blankets.

No comments: